Monday, September 9, 2013

How Mindfulness Helps the Brain

Jon Kabat-Zinn, developer of MBSR - Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction - is largely responsible for the introduction of mindfulness training into main stream medicine. In this video, in less than four minutes, he explains the science behind why mindfulness-based practices can aid in the healing of trauma.



I've included mindfulnes training in my counseling practicefor many years. It works.

Catherine Boyer, MA, LCSW
Upper West Side Psychotherapy

2 comments:

  1. This design is spectacular! You most certainly
    know how to keep a reader amused. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to
    start my own blog (well, almost...HaHa!) Wonderful job.
    I really loved what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented
    it. Too cool!

    My web-site Max Test 300

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Martin! I really miss you a lot. you remembered that you are asking for Best counseling & psychotherapy.yesterday I search a site which is basically based on these type of therapies.you can find more information regarding this.

    ReplyDelete